Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trying something new!

So last week I was listening to some music while driving to work. The music was something you would swing too...I thought you know I am pretty good at learning new dances. SO I decided to look up some dance classes. I decided it was not swing I wanted to learn. However, I was also a little hesitant for ballroom but it felt right...So I signed up. Tonight was my first night of social ballroom. I will admit as I thought about the class I had exciting thoughts of meeting tons of new GUYS. I do not know who I was kidding. At least the numbers were even. For six weeks I will be attending a class every Thursday night. We will learn the Rumba and the Tango. Each six weeks they do two new dances. After 18 weeks I will have learned The Rumba, Tango, Cha- Cha, Swing, Fox Trot and Waltz. I am kinda excited. Tonight I think I caught on pretty quick, by the end of the night I was teaching one of the guys. My one concern is getting my hips going. I think this will also help with my weight loss for a reason you are probably not thinking. Yep, I want to track my progress as I dance in front of the big mirror. I wont be able to hide from myself. Even though it is not the crowd I had in my mind I think it will be a lot of fun.

No comments: