Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Just needed to hear the Prophet speak

Life comes at you quick sometimes. You are just going along balancing work, school and church responsibilities. You are doing so good you decide to toss a relationship in there for added excitement. Your juggling act is so good you would be the most popular clown at the circus. Then one week just does not go as well as the last. Why is it every aspect of your life gets busy and slows down at the same time? I guess it is just one of those facts of life. You start to wonder what you did differently, what did you do wrong? How can you fix it fast and get back on track?

This next part I love.

The answer always come in just the way you need it. This time it came at the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on Sunday. I will be honest my mind was distracted the first 3 quarters of the fireside, then the Prophet spoke and made it all so clear. He worded things just for me, put things back in perspective. Then the spirit pours over you and reminds you God loves you. It is beautiful thing. Never have the words to Silent Night brought me to tears, I actually never really like that song. (I know how dare I say that, sometimes great, beautiful things bug me)

How wonderful it is to be able to hear the words of the Prophet, the mouth piece of a loving Heavenly Father upon the earth.

1 comment:

larainydays said...

I loved the devotional too. You express yourself beautifully Jessica. I think you are wonderful.