Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 1 and 2 of my week off.

Day 1

Monday turned into my catch up day. I got those things done that just needed to be done. Cleaned my room, did laundry and cleaned the kitchen. The best part of the day was the run/walk I went on. I love the Avenues. It is such a fun neighborhood to walk in. Such fun houses and building to see and hidden parks. I just love it. After that run I made lunch and watched Mythbuster "Shark Week". Busting all the myths of Jaws. It was fun I do not watch TV regularly so it was nice to do it because I can this week.
In the evening I read and I went for a walk with a dear friend. Yet another great walk through the Avenues. It was fun to chat and share stories.

Day 2

I set out to pick up another dear friend for our day trip to Antelope Island. I was shocked when I heard there was an island on the Great Salt Lake. I have not made it to the Lake since I moved to Utah so I figure it was time. Once on the island we drove to Garr Ranch and wandered around. We saw tons of Bison on our way to the Ranch. After the Ranch we went on a 3 mile hike to Dooley Knob. It was a great hike. However, on this island there is no shade or trees for that matter. It was noon so the sun beat down on us. Thank goodness for mother Cheree and her snacks. It is the only way I survived. At the top of this island we pondered life.




On the way down the mountain we discovered the millions of spider that lined the trail. We were surprised we had missed them on our way up...they were every where. My favorite moment was when Cheree tried to snap a picture of one but realized she was rather close to several others so she dropped her phone beyond their web.



After the hike we went to the beach side of the island and grabbed some lunch. Buffalo Burgers...quite delicious. Then we walked down to the beach and made our way through the cloud of brine flies and into the muggy waters of the Great Salt Lake. You can walk out quite a distance before it gets deep. It was a nice walk and we watched the brine shrimp swim. Then we headed home. Such a fun trip.

I got home in time to take a very short nap then head out to SOCCER. I love soccer right now it is so much fun. Every Tuesday I play with a fun group of people in North Salt Lake. Tonight's game did not disappoint. We played for a good hour when it started to rain. We played through it a little but then in started to come down hard. Right before we got under the picnic areas it turned to hail. By this time we were soaked to the core. Once the storm blew through and the rainbow appeared we headed out to play some more. This time shoes were squeaking and I was sliding all over the place. It was a great game.


I ended the night at the groccery store and as I toted all of my food and blankets and shoes up the stairs I biffed it. Luckily my head lost momentum and I only bit the step instead of shattering my teeth on it. My only scars are on my fingers from the grocery bags. When it comes to falling up stairs I am skilled.


I am loving this week off!!

No comments: